Warren County High Names 2012 Star Student

L to R: Dr. Kaveous Preston, WCHS principal; Mr. Bill Vaughn; Miss Krystle Wilburn
Warren County High School is pleased to announce Miss Krystle Wilburn has been named the STAR Student for 2012.  The Student Teacher Achievement Recognition (STAR) program honors Georgia's outstanding seniors and the teachers who have been most instrumental in their academic development.  The STAR program is coordinated by the Professional association of educators.

Miss Wilburn named Mr. Bill Vaughn her STAR teacher.  Mr. Vaughn teaches chemistry at Warren County High School.  When asked what led her to choose Vaughn, Wilburn stated, "I always thought I wanted to be a pediatrician until I entered Mr. Vaughn's class.  He just had a way of sparking my interest in chemistry.  I could even now see myself teaching chemistry someday."

Krystle will attend the University of West Georgia in the fall and plans to major in chemistry.

No comments:

Google